Mel is often asked to give speeches all over the world, focusing on homelessness, social entrepreneurship and the Homeless World Cup.
He has given talks at all sorts of venues to all sorts of audiences – including everything from keynote speeches at the Sydney Opera House and the World Economic Forum at Davos, to informal chats with primary school children. He has also given speeches at the opening of conferences and after dinner, speaking for between 10 minutes (his shortest) to 95 minutes (his longest).
Mel talks constructively around the theme of tackling poverty in a positive way. He is engaging and inspiring and always gets excellent feedback. He is basically a story teller who is relaxed with any audience. He can speak for an hour without notes or use powerpoint if necessary. Any illustration he uses is simply a tool to back up his story.
Please feel free to contact Mel to discuss your requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some examples of Mel in action:
- TED X Mel gave this talk a couple of years ago in Glasgow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mI7LvVLBRg He recently gave another TEDx talk at Kings College, London, which should be online soon.
- PUBLIC LECTURES Mel is often asked to give public lectures and this example is from The Lost Lectures in London – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScssS4y_MyM&feature=youtu.be
- COMPANIES/CSR Corporations and companies ask Mel to speak about his experience in relation to CSR. This is him speaking to a Japanese corporation in Tokyo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgpTmxVNZ7A&feature=youtu.be . A large Japanese airline asked him to speak as they launched a new CSR programme to support social entrepreneurs. They explain why they are doing it at the start and then introduce Mel Young as the expert. He was the first one in their series and it has really grown since then. Many companies are very interested in the development of effective and genuine CSR, and this is the perfect example. This is an interesting video between Mel Young and a senior VP from Nike talking about the relationship between the two organisations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABC0uKRTTxc&feature=youtu.be This is another example where he is speaking to Ashoka in Brussels last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-_VM6_4PBs&feature=youtu.be
- CONFERENCES This is Mel giving a keynote address at the 2010 Le Web conference in Paris (a huge international technology conference): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_a79_cJcqU
- CONFERENCES/PANEL DISCUSSIONS Mel often takes part in panel discussions with world leaders. This is one at the World Economic Forum in Davos where he is speaking on a panel with Pele, the President of FIFA, the President of the IOC, the Commissioner of the NBA and the Vice President of Nike, chaired by the President of Eurosport: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSqVETszHrs&list=PL8A6ACFB3FF59DCF0&index=1&feature=plpp_video
- PANEL INTERVIEWS. A smaller chat show example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijxfvrecygw&feature=youtu.be
- BROADCAST INTERVIEWS A small example of a web interview with French television https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTc2R78r82A&feature=youtu.be
- IN-HOUSE INTERVIEWS This is from Ashoka: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66rmfyERkU8&feature=youtu.be